3/09/2010

My Dear Reader Letter

Dear reader,

Hello! My name is Cynthia. I am currently attending school for the Cosmetology Program and going for my Associate’s Degree. I was a little nervous to come back to school since I haven't been in schoool for 8 years now. I thought it might be a challenge wondering if I would even do well or not. Well I can honestly say, yes it has been. It's not easy going to school full time, being a full time mom, and having to make time to do homework on top of it. By taking this step on choosing to go back to school, I know I will be helping myself to get a better education, and to pursue in whatever direction I decide to go from there. I have a wonderful family with two beautiful girls and a loving fiance. I have a daughter named Emily, which is two years old and Vicky, that is nine months old. They are a handful but I love them so much. I have always been a very outgoing, compassionate, couragous, and a loving person. I have always had the heart to help people as well. I used to be a NAC until it got hard on my back. I sure do miss doing that though. The people you take care of you grow a relationship with them and get to know them as a person. It was such a wonderful experience. I also love to sing karaoke and sing to my children especially. It is such fun and you should try it sometime if you haven't.

I am currently in English 97 and what I like about it is I have always loved to put my time and effort into my writing. I love writing especially when it becomes being creative. I also love writing poems and free writing occasionally, but who has time to do that now with a busy schedule these days. My dislikes about the writing process I would have to say would be looking at a piece I don’t like or reading a book then responding about what I have read in writing. I don’t mind having open discussion but when I have to put it in words, it takes a little more thought and time in it. My educational goals are to get a better degree, a higher education to make something of myself, and to accomplish school to pursue a better career in life. I always wanted to come back to school but never had the time or knew when to take that step. My life has always been involved around my kids mostly. They would take a lot of time due to them needing my attention quite often. Now that I am back in school though, it has made me a better person making me feel more reliable and feel more confident of myself. Even though my life is quite busy with two kids, I know I can accomplish anything as long as I put my mind two it and go forward from there.

Next I will tell you my strength and weaknesses in writing. My strong points when I first started this class would be making sure my work was turned in on time, being organized, and being creative. My weaknesses would be punctuating in the right spot, the grammar part and choosing different word choices. How I would say I have grown during this quarter would be learning new writing techniques on how to format a MWA, to be more descriptive in my writing, and to be more confident on letting others read my work. I never really enjoyed that part, but when I heard my group members give me feedback on my paper, it made me feel good because it wasn’t negative just suggestions they had. By taking English 97 I have learned that writing is something you express, something you share with your reader and something you put your effort into doing. I believe I have done that by writing my three MWA’S showing how much I have improved in my writing skills and ability that I can do it. As long as I follow through with what I have learned in English 97, then I know I will be able to succeed on where ever direction I shall go.

The five pieces I choose to put in my E-Portfolio are my three MWA papers, and two journal pieces. I choose my process essay on "How to Learn Kickboxing," because I love doing kickboxing, its valuable imformation if you want to learn some self-defense and a good work out. Also I choose my discriptive essay on "Wallace Falls," because it is such a beautiful place to just get away for the day. Next I choose my narrative essay on "Time We Went to Wildwaves," because that was a memorable moment that I experienced with my daughter Emily. Then I choose my Journal 2 "Educated," because education is important to me and thats why I am in school today to get a higher education. Finally, I choose my Journal 10 "Skeleton 2," because I wanted to give my readers a different setting with some dilogue and a story plot. So I hope by giving you a feel on why I choose my main pieces for my E-Portfolio hopefully caught your interest on wanting to read on and learn why I decided to pick these pieces.

1 comment:

  1. i used to walk up to wallace falls all the time with my family.

    ReplyDelete