3/09/2010

Journal 10: Skeleton 2



Kevin and Sasha walked along the path heading up the mountain slowly enjoying the scenery of beauty. As the hot sun blares down upon them Kevin says, "Wow, this is so beautiful. I haven’t been up here since I was a kid."

They walked a ways up the long steep trail when Sasha replied, "I know, it’s kind of creepy to me because I haven’t been up here ever since. Never mind."
"Never mind what;" Kevin replied, "are you alright."

Sasha frantically looked around hoping for a way out but looked at him with tears in her eyes and said sadly, "I never told anyone this what I am about to tell you. My father murdered my mother."

As they walked the windy trail she spilled out how her father, her mother, and her once took this hike before about a year ago. It was all there first time going out hiking as a family she recalled. It was a partly sunny day and everything was going great as planned so she thought. Then she blurted out again sobbing; "My father did murder my mother. I saw it with my own eyes and then he covered it up saying it was accidental."

Kevin was so shocked he didn’t know what to say. He just stood there with this blank stare not knowing what to do next. When he finally came around he said to Sasha, "Oh, are you sure he did. How should I no you’re telling me the truth or even lying to me to try to scare me."

All upset, she shoved him knocking him backwards making him lose his foot balance. There he went landing on the ground. When Kevin caught up, he noticed she was sitting on a rock sobbing even harder more. He then felt bad and reached out to hold her near when she jumped up. They ran behind a big bush to hide as she said, "Listen for a minute! I think someone is coming."

They crouched behind the bushes as they heard the cracking of debris from the footsteps drawing near. It was her father with this look in his eye she remembered from before when her mom died. He carried something in his right hand. As he shifted his body you saw full view what he had. It was a wooden axe. Kevin looked at Sasha then said, "It’s not me he is probably after or my problem. I’m out of here."

"Don’t be stupid Kevin. If he knows you have seen him or even thinks you know what happened. Who knows what he can be capable of," said Sasha.

But it was too late. They realized he had spotted them. They both stood up scared and started to run the other way frantically. They ran as fast as they could when her father said, "You’re gonna be sorry if I catch you two."

Kevin and Sasha started screaming for help but it seemed like they were so far away lost in the middle of nowhere. You could hear his footsteps drawing near. They ran faster and faster. They soon lost him but for how long. Sasha stopped cold-blooded staring at this big boulder near the lake. She replied, "That’s where he buried her. It is pretty sad that I still know that. I think we should keep moving just for safety. Let’s get out of here."

Then out of no where her father came grabbing Kevin from behind. They wrestled around in the dirt and before I knew it, Kevin was decapitated. She went to run when he grabbed her hair, pulled her to the ground, and pinned her. She tried to get free but all she did was make herself more tired from getting nowhere. He said, "You’re just like your mother. I should have done you just like I did with her."

She tried to get free herself once more but had no luck. Right when she was about to give up all hope and accept her fate. She heard a load bang as her dad fell over onto the ground. He lied there lifeless as she stared down upon him. A local man ran over, whom shot her father, and asked Sasha if she was ok.She said, "I am now and I can rest at piece knowing my father won’t hurt me anymore."

She then gave him her thanks as they walked back down to go to the ranger’s office. Through the year they became friends and then eventually started dating. They never knew this is how they would meet or start there lives with one another. Two years had past and they eventually got married, had two girls, and lived happily ever after.

No comments:

Post a Comment